Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Canyon Walls

We drove up to the mountains today, and pretty things greeted us on each side of the canyon walls.

"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree" ~Emily Bronte~"My sorrow, when she's here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be; she loves the bare, the withered tree; she walks the sodden pasture lane" ~Robert Frost

The breath of an autumn breeze.
Faint coolness on my face in the morning air.
Tingles as I breathe in and the freshness goes down deeply.
Reaching for warmth in the form of a blanket,
Wrapped almost tightly enough to keep out the delicious chill.
Drinking sunshine in the form of liquid warmth,
Flowing through my body to almost keep out the delicious chill,
Almost but not quite.
Crunching, crisp leaves that fall from the tree,
Fluttering like butterflies,
Looking like flecks of gold as they land on the ground,
Little gifts of yellow, red, and orange.
Beautiful Autumn, I have waited for you all these days,
To come back around in your time and season.


Copyright Bookish Kind, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment