Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Bird in the Tree

Today the wind picked up as there is a storm coming overnight. The leaves on this tree that had been holding out on letting go, were swept up, blowing every which way. You couldn't tell if they were birds or leaves. Then in an unexpected moment, I caught this bird in the tree and for a moment you couldn't tell if it were bird or leaf.
A bird in a tree...
With this as my inspiration, I am determined to obtain a bird watching book to learn about the winter birds who keep my company all the winter through. Here he is again moments after he left the rest of the tree branch.

Meanwhile, the neighbors got to flying a kite in the strong March-like winds.
With all the winged creatures about, I fully expected the faeries to show up next. But I had to be happy with what I got. I was.