Saturday, July 28, 2012

Copying Emily

I've been reading a book about Emily Dickinson in which it tells how she loved nature like she loved words, which is not surprising to anyone who reads her poetry, but what struck me was that she had a little book she collected flowers in that she came upon during her walks. They were tucked inside and labelled with thin cuts of paper, the name penciled in on the strip.
It's not the most original idea, but, I am in the mind of copying Emily with her little nature book. I have been searching for the perfect little book to start my collection, and I think I have just found it here.
Photo by BonnieMommy
Here is a link to the darling shop I bought it from. 
She is also having a free shipping sale through July, 
so it's a fun time to be buying from her.

"I pull a flower from the woods, ----
A monster with a glass
Computes the stamens in a breath,
And has her in a class.
--Emily Dickinson