Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Steel Myself With Words

Guts don't come so easily to some of us as they do to others.
I wish I had a stomach of steel, and courage as strong and wide as a bridge.
Since I don't, I have to steel myself with words meant to spur me on.
 Stretching your wings outside of your comfort zone is not easy in real life. It takes fortitude. The heart to act is inside all the while, but you have to take that very first step, which for me is the hardest part.

One foot in front of the other
If you have the guts to try
The whole wide world is waiting
From the russet earth to the blue sky
Time to stretch your wings and fly high

~Bookishkind
Beata Beatrix by Dante Gabriel Rossetti

After too long in the nest, in this case, my comfort zone, the wings are restless and unproven. Stretching is long overdue, but made awkward from disuse. I will find the strength to act somehow. I know I will for endurance is my stronghold.