Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Birds

Is it just me, or are the birds flocking together unusually late this fall/winter? I have seen huge flocks of hundreds of birds flying together back and forth in the sky for a week or so. I've never seen anything like it before, it's fascinating and beautiful. 
I tried to get some pictures, but they don't do it justice.


The canopy of birds above was just amazing. Here is part of it.

A Canopy of Birds
Soaring above, not a care in the world.

Blackbirds
It still feels like early fall here, and not almost-winter like it usually does this time of year. I think the birds are a little confused because the weather has been so warmish that they haven't flown south yet. So the flocks are really thriving. Sort of like The Birds, but in a good way. Or maybe these are blackbirds and it really is The Birds.

Weaving Patterns in the Sky